If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Threw these together in a pan tonight - and it was DIVINE! - Lena S.
- 1/2 sliced yellow onion
- 1 small bulb fennel
- 1 small eggplant
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- Finely slice yellow onion and the bulb of fennel using a mandolin
- Add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan with about a tablespoon of butter. Add yellow onion and the fennel and let soften on medium heat.
- Once the onions and fennel are soft and transluscent, add chopped flat leaf parsley and cubed eggplant and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and let cook further until the fennel and the eggplant are cooked through. (about 10 minutes, but check and stir periodically)
- Uncover and let it caramelize, add in a bit of olive oil if it looks dry and toss in the parmesan.
- Plate and top with more grated parmesan, some olive oil, and chili flakes are a nice added touch.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side
These beach eats can't be beat.
Shore-fire recipes for the beach.
Get out of the frame.
Chocolate has a meltdown.
These are nuts to travel with.