Author Notes: Threw these together in a pan tonight - and it was DIVINE! - Lena S.
- 1/2 sliced yellow onion
- 1 small bulb fennel
- 1 small eggplant
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- Finely slice yellow onion and the bulb of fennel using a mandolin
- Add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan with about a tablespoon of butter. Add yellow onion and the fennel and let soften on medium heat.
- Once the onions and fennel are soft and transluscent, add chopped flat leaf parsley and cubed eggplant and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and let cook further until the fennel and the eggplant are cooked through. (about 10 minutes, but check and stir periodically)
- Uncover and let it caramelize, add in a bit of olive oil if it looks dry and toss in the parmesan.
- Plate and top with more grated parmesan, some olive oil, and chili flakes are a nice added touch.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side