If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a comforting peach crumble with Southern flavors and lots of butter and brown sugar. It needs vanilla ice cream. - sarah buttenwieser
Food52 Review: I love a good crumble, but then again, who doesn't?! They're easier than pie to put together, but with all the payoff -- and more. This one combines all the classic elements of a good crumble, then takes it to the next level with some southern twists. The pecans add an extra crunch to the deliciously sweet topping. Plus, replacing sugar with maple syrup mixed with a splash of bourbon and nutty almond extract ensures that the peachy, bubbling deliciousness swathed by the golden topping is not too sweet. Don't forget the vanilla ice cream: it's a must! - TaraT
Serves 6 to 8
- 1 stick of cold butter, cut into pea-sized chunks
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 6 to 8 sliced ripe peaches
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- With your hands mix the flour, cinnamon, sugar, butter, and pecans, until crumbly.
- Mix all the other ingredients together, and pour into a baking dish.
- Top the peach mixture with the topping and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Buckle, Slump, Grunt, Crumble, Cobbler, Crisp, Sonker, Pandowdy, and/or Betty
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
The Best Cinnamon Rolls
10 Cozy Finger Foods