If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is another of Jeanne D'Souza's recipes. It's a great time of year to make this, with green beans in season right now. It's simple to make and is a great way to make the basic green bean seem way more interesting. —Cherry Bombe
- 1 pound fresh string beans, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon whole black mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 to 2 whole dried red chilies, not crushed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- Salt to taste
- Steam the beans in a strainer over boiling water. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the mustard seeds and cook for a minute or so until they stop popping. Add the ginger, garlic and red chili pepper. Stir for 1 minute until nicely coated. Add the beans and mix until they glisten. Add coconut flakes and salt to taste.
Our Latest #f52contest
Show us your best cold drinks
Our latest #f52contest.
A matter of taste.
It's time to travel.
A case for cooked fruit.
Off to market.