Author Notes: This recipe is from Cherry Bombe contributor Fulvia Furolfi, who happens to be one of the best makeup artists around. She did Karlie Kloss's makeup on the cover of Cherry Bombe. During the shoot, we were talking about food and we learned that Fulvia loves cooking for her friends and family so we begged her for a few recipes. - Cherry Bombe
- 4 quarts cherry tomatoes, yellow or red or both
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cloves of garlic (barely smashed, never cut!)
- 4 bay leaves
- 1.7 pounds good quality pasta (spaghetti, bow ties or fusilli)
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and cut them in half.
- Cover the bottom of a cast iron pan (or something similar to a Le Creuset) with olive oil and add the tomatoes, salt, garlic and bay leaves.
- Cook in the oven for approximately half an hour, stirring the tomatoes once or twice. When their skins are slightly caramelized, they are ready. Remove the pan from the oven and remove the garlic and bay leaves.
- As the tomatoes are cooking, bring the water for the pasta on the stove to a boil. Add salt, then the pasta.
- Ideally the tomatoes will be ready when the pasta is cooked al dente. At that point, move the pan on the stove and mix with the pasta on medium heat for 1 minute. Serve. If you prefer, top with the cheese.