If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mother has been making these for our annual Jingle Bells party for about 50 years. (My family lives in New Orleans, we're Jewish, and we have a party every year on Christmas day.) The recipe came from Woman's Day Kitchen, December , 1956. My mother uses less than the full 2 cups of finely chopped pecans, but this is the original recipe. - drbabs
Serves about 5 dozen small cookies
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 60 pecan halves for decorating the cookies
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add flour, vanilla, water, and finely chopped pecans, and mix well.
- Chill till firm.
- Form dough into balls about 1 inch in diameter.
- Place balls on cookie sheet (not too close together), flatten, and top with pecan half.
- Bake at 325 for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned and firm.