If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is something I love making this time of the year when the produce is so fresh and I've run out of ideas for a dinner party dessert. - blanka.n
- 4-6 peaches some white if possible, peeled and cut up in chunks
- 1 pint pints blackberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- pinches Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Orange Zest
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup instant oats
- 1/2 pound Butter, cold and cut up
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Combine all ingredients for filling in a large bowl. If the fruit seems too runny add another TB. of flour. (PS parboil peaches for easier pealing and cutting.)
- Combine butter with oats and salt in a mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Add sugar and finally the flour in stages. Do this on a relatively low speed so you don't wind up with a mess.
- Use the butter wrappers to grease a large and shallow gratin dish. Pour in fruit. Carefully cover with topping so most of the fruit is covered. Bake at 350 for about 50 minutes. Mixture should be bubbling nicely.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Buckle, Slump, Grunt, Crumble, Cobbler, Crisp, Sonker, Pandowdy, and/or Betty
Around the World in 16 Breakfasts
The most important meal of the day, the international way.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Prep your pans for perfection.
Behind the scenes.
Stop the soap opera.