If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes about 36-40
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 3/4 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup pecans pieces, toasted and cut into small bits (about the size of a chocolate chip)
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Adjust oven racks to divide oven into thirds and heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugars at medium-low speed until just combined, about 20 seconds. Increase speed to medium and continue to beat until light and fluffy, about 1 minute longer. Scrape down bowl with rubber spatula.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat on medium-low until fully incorporated, about 30 seconds. Scrape down bowl again.
- With mixer running at low speed, add flour mixture and mix until just incorporated and smooth, 10 seconds. With mixer still running on low, gradually add oats, pecans and chocolate and mix until well incorporated, 20 seconds. Give dough final stir with rubber spatula to ensure that no flour pockets remain and ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Scoop dough into balls, each about 1 tablespoon, then roll between palms into balls. Place cookies on prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart, 9-12 medium dough balls per sheet. Flatten slightly.
- Bake until cookies are deep golden brown, 13 to 16 minutes, rotating baking sheets halfway through. Transfer baking sheets to wire rack; cool cookies completely on sheet.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Cereal
DIY Nutter Butters Are Better
Sandwich cookies that take peanut butter seriously
DIY Nutter Butters.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
How to make bouillabaisse.
We give it 8 tentacles up.