If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Soaking the cornmeal overnight and mixing in loads of turbinado sugar takes this cornbread cobbler from an ordinary standard to texturally rich and sinfully delicious. The ripe juicy peaches are spiked with Southern Comfort bourbon and to add an additional tribute to the Old South, I included maple candied chipotle bacon. Serve this warm with homemade vanilla ice cream. —Food vs Plate
Sweet Corn Cobbler Batter
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- 1-1/4 cups Yellow cornmeal
- 1-1/4 cups Cake flour
- 4 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/3 cup Turbinado sugar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Sweet corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal and buttermilk. Cover and leave at room temperature at least 5 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix in the sugar and salt. Pour in the eggs, butter, corn kernels and vanilla. Mix until combined and set aside while making the peaches.
Bacon Bourbon Peaches
- 4 pieces Bacon, thick cut
- 1/4 cup Pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup Dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground chipotle pepper
- 4 cups Sliced peaches
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1/3 cup Turbinado sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon Southern Comfort Bourbon
- To make Candied Bacon: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil and place wire baking rack on top. Combine sugar, salt, and chipotle in a small bowl. Coat bacon with maple syrup, allowing the excess to drip off. Roll bacon in spiced sugar until it's completely covered on both sides. Place on wire rack and bake for 25 minutes, watching carefully so it doesn't burn. While it's hot transfer bacon to parchment paper and set aside to cool. Crumble half the bacon into small pieces, leaving the remaining for garnish.
- To make Spiked Peaches: Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add peaches, turbinado sugar, cinnamon, cloves and saute for 3 minutes. Add Bourbon and bring to boil for 2 minutes. Take off heat and stir in crumbled bacon.
- To assemble Cobbler: Fill 10 ramekins half way with Spiked Peaches. Top with 1/4 cup Sweet Corn Batter. Bake on foil lined cookie sheet in preheated oven for 18 minutes or until crust is nicely browned. Let cool slightly before serving. Garnish with the reserved Maple Candied Bacon.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Buckle, Slump, Grunt, Crumble, Cobbler, Crisp, Sonker, Pandowdy, and/or Betty
Our Latest Contest
Show us Your Best Middle Eastern Recipe
Enter our latest contest!
GMOs: You have the right to know.
It's time to travel.
Eat cookie (butter) for breakfast.
Put cake on a pedestal.