If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Definitely not your mother’s deviled eggs! An excellent source of protein, our version is much less devilish because we’ve replaced half the egg yolks with low-fat cottage cheese, and then blended it all together with a spike of hot mustard and a pinch of dill. So dig in with a “devil-may-care”attitude…they’re heavenly! —Susan E. Levy
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon hot mustard or prepared wasabi
- 3 tablespoons nonfat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- Place eggs in large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to boil then simmer 15 minutes.
- Cool eggs by draining hot water and filling sauce pan with cold water 2 or 3 times, then let sit for 5 minutes.
- Carefully crack and remove shells, then cut eggs in half lengthwise and remove yolk portions, discarding half.
- Place remaining yolk portions with next four ingredients in blender and puree until smooth, about 15 seconds.
- Place about 1 teaspoon of mixture in cavity of egg halves. Garnish with dill weed and paprika.
- Per serving: 59 calories, 13 gm protein, 2 gm carbohydrate, 3 gm fat, 1 gm sat fat, 1 gm mono fat, 107 mg cholesterol, 0 gm fiber, 266 mg sodium
You Can Have It All
Well, at least your zucchini bread—er, cake—can
Zucchini cake is everything you want.
The dreamiest foods around.
We've got the (summer) blues.
Burnt Toast: Episode 13
Have a ball (jar).