If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of my favorite salads. It's simple, healthy, easy to prepare, and bright in color and flavor. Shredded raw carrots are dressed with olive oil, lemon juice and Moroccan spices. It comes together in under 20 minutes with the help of a food processor to shred the carrots. Serve this along side anything roasted or grilled, or serve it as a side dish for a picnic with sandwiches. Enjoy it cold or at room temperature. After I introduced this recipe to my family, my sister-in-law told me that her teenage daughters (my nieces) regularly packed up Moroccan raw carrot salad in their lunch boxes for school. - Lisa Goldfinger
- 2 pounds Carrots, peeled and shredded in a food processor
- 3 tablespoons Chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup Fresh lemon juice
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped (1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- Parsley sprigs to garnish, optional
- Put shredded carrots and chopped parsley in a large bowl
- Make dressing: whisk lemon juice and spices. Keep whisking while slowly adding the olive oil, to emulsify the ingredients.
- Toss shredded carrots and parsley with dressing. Chill for an hour in the fridge and let flavors merge.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
The Best Cinnamon Rolls
10 Cozy Finger Foods