If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of (many) of my favorite things when traveling in Turkey and Greece is their meze', similar to Italian antipasta and our appetizers. Briny cheeses, eggplant, hummus and fresh vegetables or beans in herb laden olive oil are among the choices. If you are like me, you always want to know exactly what is in that marinade and is it healthy and can I make something sorta like it. The gigantes are not so easy to find (especially in Calistoga) but can be ordered from purcellfarms.com. If it is impossible to find gigantes, you can sub butter beans (but it will not be the same). —dymnyno
- 2 cups gigante beans
- 1 tablespoon shallots, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, leaves only, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, leaves only, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon heaping, sun dried tomatoes, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon heaping, Kalamata olives, finely minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Soak the beans overnight. Drain and rinse and put into a deep pot. Cover with at least 2 inches of water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer for one to two hours or until tender. (will depend on the freshness of the beans. Add more water as needed to prevent burning)
- Drain and cool.
- Add all the remaining ingredients into a jar and shake or whisk together..
- Pour the dressing over the cooled beans and toss to distribute the dressing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side
Go Greek (Yogurt)
The secret to lighter, tangier whipped cream
Yogurt whipped cream: your new go-to.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
Savor the season.
Churn with confidence.
A board to go nuts over.