Author Notes: I occasionally cater small parties for the Pound Ridge Library's fundrasing events. Wanting to add a little pizazz to the cheese board, I put together this great fig chutney to accompany some of the cheeses. Spread some fig chutney and goat cheese on small toasts for a quick and fabulous bruschetta or crostini hors d'oeuvres. - mrslarkin
Serves about 1 cup
- 1 cup fig preserves (I use Bonne Maman brand)
- 2 tablespoons (or more to taste) plum chutney (I use Bombay Emerald Chutney Company's Royal Plum Chutney)
- Mix both ingredients together.
- Serve in a small bowl on cheese board as an accompaniment to goat cheese or aged cheddar.
- Or to make a simple but great bruschetta/crostini, spread toast with goat cheese. Top with a schmear of the fig chutney.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Condiment