If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The peas are just starting to come in in our garden. They're wonderful to eat out of hand, but also wonderful in this salad. It's great in the hot weather we're now having, a cool and fresh-tasting side dish -- though I've been known to make a meal out of it. It's also lovely in hot weather to have a dish that requires no cooking over heat, and is a favorite for and at pot lucks and picnics and barbecues. —louisez
- about 4 cups fresh green peas
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- about 2 tablespoons snipped or chopped fresh dill weed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar (optional)
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, dill. Mix to blend well.
- Stir peas in gently. Add cheese, if using. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill at least two hours for flavors to combine.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side
We're obsessed with savory yogurt
Savory yogurt is whey cool.
DIY Nutter Butters.
Shop our new office.
How to make bouillabaisse.
Just shrub it off.