If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I’ve always loved what I consider ‘regular broccoli’ and my favorite part is not the florets, but the peeled stalk. Chinese broccoli delivers that peeled stalk flavor without any peeling, and the leaves are delicious too: similar to bok choy, but with more chew and the flavor of, well, broccoli. This salad is simple and the flavors complex: savory, spicy, salty, sweet! —Pinch&Swirl
Food52 Review: Ponzu is the game changer here. I'm no stranger to gai lan (Chinese broccoli), but was delighted to see this familiar stir-fry vegetable punted out of the wok, with its longtime friends chili and garlic, and put into the salad bowl -- with the addition of acid. I liked it even better when I switched to clear ponzu mirin, essentially forming a vinaigrette. —foodisforever
For the salad:
- 1 1/2 pounds Chinese Broccoli
Sesame Sriracha Dressing
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons ponzu sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (or more)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- Fill a large bowl with water and ice. Set aside.
- Trim ends from Chinese broccoli, then cut in half crosswise, separating the leaves from the stalks. If any stalks are thick, cut them in half lengthwise.
- Heat about 1 inch of water in a large lidded pot or wok, bring to boil. Lay stems in an even layer in the boiling water and place the leaves across the top. Cover and let steam for 3 to 5 minutes, until it has reached your desired tenderness.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer broccoli to ice bath.
- While the broccoli cools, prepare the dressing. Combine garlic, ponzu sauce, and Sriracha in a small bowl, then slowly drizzle in the sesame oil, whisking constantly. Set aside.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cooled broccoli to a serving bowl. Pat dry with a clean kitchen towel or paper towels.
- Drizzle dressing over broccoli and toss to coat evenly. Serve.
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Savor the season.