If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've been making this for years because it's a great side you can make last minute and take to any pot luck dinner, picnic or bbq. Generally the items are already on hand so there's very little fussing. This salad because of all it's Mediterranean flavors will keep for hours in warm temperatures. —blanka.n
- 1 1/2 cups Whole wheat Orzo pasta
- 3/4 cup Mixed oil-cured olives, chopped
- 3 Large Green onions, white and green part, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 cup Fresh Chopped Parsley
- Splash White Wine Vinegar
- 10 Grape tomatoes, halved (optional)
- 1/2 cup Feta (optional)
- Cook pasta according to directions. Have scallions ready and as soon as pasta is cooked throw over chopped scallion. This way it wilts the greens just a bit. Add the rest of the ingredients, combine well and leave for an hour for the flavors to marry.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side
More Great Recipes: Side Dishes
Keep It Bubbly
Stretch the sparkle in your sparkling wine
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
This queso is nuts.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
How to keep shelves tidy.
Get your shine on.