If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A fresh, summery salad with black quinoa, mango and avocado, finished off with some red onion and the bright flavors of cilantro, lime and mint! This recipe was inspired by the Black Quinoa Salad with Mango, Avocado and Tomatoes on Two Peas and their Pod. I've played with some different flavors and adjusted the ratio of ingredients to suite my tastes, —peachesplease
Serves a crowd
- 2 cups Black Quinoa
- 1 cup White Wine
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt, plus more to taste
- 2 Mangoes, chopped
- 2 Avocados, chopped
- 1/3 cup Lime Juice (approx 2 limes)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup Mint, chopped
- 3/4 cup Red Onion, diced (approx 1/2 large red onion)
- 1 1/5 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Pepper, to taste
- Rinse the quinoa and soak in water for 10 minutes.
- Drain the quinoa and add to a pot with 1 C white wine, 1/4 tsp salt and 1 1/2 C water. Bring to a boil on the stove top, then cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes. Drain any residual water from the quinoa.
- Combine the chopped mango, avocado, cilantro, mint and red onion in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Whisk together the lime juice and olive oil and add to the mango/avocado mixture.
- Stir in the quinoa and season with salt and pepper.
These Figs are Feeling a Little Tart
Learn to love fruit with chocolate
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
The best donuts—ever.
We've got the summer blues.
How we do a Genius dinner party for 30.
A better basket.