Author Notes: A raw, vegan take on a key lime pie with a chewy crust, tangy citrus filling and perfectly creamy texture thanks to avocado. - Posie Harwood
Makes 1 pie
- 2 1/2 cups almonds
- 1/8 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup dates, pitted
- 1 pinch salt (generous)
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 4 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 pinch salt
- To make the crust, pulse all ingredients in a food processor until it forms a coarse meal and begins to come together. Press into a 9 inch tart or pie pan and refrigerate while you make the filling.
- To make the filling, blend the cashews, agave nectar and coconut oil in a food processor until smooth. Add the avocados, lime juice, lime zest and salt and blend until airy and smooth.
- Spoon the filling into the crust. Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours.