If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a variation of my mom's basic cake recipe. For this new creation I halved the amount of AP flour and substituted it with freshly ground almond flour. The blue berries give a fresh touch to this addictive cake. - Mi Budare
Makes 1 13x18 inch sheet pan
- vegetable cooking spray
- parchment paper
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 cups blueberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare de pan by greasing it with vegetable spray, covering with parchment paper the bottom, and spraying the parchment paper with some more oil.
- In a bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt till incorporated.
- Cream the butter, oil, and sugar together until light and fluffy. Then, add the vanilla till incorporated.
- On medium high speed add the eggs one at a time. Beat the batter for about a minute before each addition.
- With a rubber spatula fold the almond flour in two additions. Then, fold the flour mixture in three additions until just incorporated.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan. Sprinkle the berries on top evenly.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until set and golden on top. Rotate the pan if your oven does not heat evenly once it has set and just began to color.
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Stop the soap opera.