If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We had to call in our grandma for the recipe. She gave us some advice and we made some changes of our own. We came up with this delicious, creamy, and out of this world rice pudding. —Candyland Queens
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 10 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 lemon rind
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup of rice
- 1 dash of sea salt
- 1 dash of ground cinnamon (for garnish)
- Cook the rice in plenty of water and a dash of sea salt. Let it boil for 8 min. remove from the pan and drain so all the excess water.
- In a sauce pan put the milk, sugar, lemon, and the cinnamon sticks. Before it starts boiling reserve 1/4 of the milk mixture in a cup. This will be used later temper the yolks. Then add the rice. Let it cook in medium low, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens. Remove the lemon rind and the cinnamon sticks.
- Beat the egg yolks in a different bowl then in the same bowl ad the 1/4 of a cup of the milk mixture that we saved earlier. while whisking constantly. Add this into the sauce pan with the rest of the mixture. While whisking energetically. Do this for 5 min or until it is thickened.
- Serve warm or cold. Add a dash of ground cinnamon and enjoy! :D
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Amanda and Merrill's Best Rice Pudding
Our Latest #f52contest
Show us your back-pocket baked goods
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
The dreamiest foods around.
We've got the (summer) blues.
Zucchini cake is everything you want.
Have a ball (jar).