If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Some like it hot ... some not. You can enjoy this delish recipe warm or cold ... or room temp for that matter, its lovely all the way around. For those with a sweet tooth you may want to add a half a cup o' sugar. Cheers. —amreen
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cinamon sticks
- 4 cups water
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- ground cinamon for garnish
- Soak the rice, cinnamon sticks and orange zest in a saucepan with the 4 cups of water for 1 hour.
- Bring the mixture to a boil on high heat. Once it has boiled lower the heat to medium and continue cooking until almost all the water is absorbed. (approximately 10 - 12 minutes)
- While the rice is cooking mix the egg into the milk, add the vanilla and condensed milk.
- Add the milk mixture to the rice and continue to cook on medium low for at least 30 minutes. Stir constantly to keep the rice from sticking and the milk from burning.
- Cook the rice until it has reached your desired consistency. Let it cool and then place it in individual glasses and top with cinnamon, raisins and almonds.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Amanda and Merrill's Best Rice Pudding
Well, This is Appeeling
Tomato skins, meet salt
Tomato skins, meet salt.
This weekend's reading.
It's time to travel.
Out of the park toppings.
Put cake on a pedestal.