If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The best! Adapted from Joy of Cooking (and my Mom's recipe). —lisadinnerparty
Serves 4 to 6 people
- 3/4 cup medium grain rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- In a medium saucepan, combine the rice, water, and salt.
- Place on medium-high heat and bring to a simmer, then cover and cook until the water has been absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Add the milk, sugar, and cherries. Cook uncovered for about 30 to 40 minutes, stirring frequently to keep the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan. When the pudding is done, the rice and milk should form a thick porridge and the rice should be tender but still have a slight bite.
- When done, remove from the heat and add the vanilla. Serve warm, with chocolate shavings.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Amanda and Merrill's Best Rice Pudding
Make Fruit Caramel
A case for blending your plums
Blend your plums—seriously.
Burnt Toast: Episode 11
It's time to travel.
You need to make this Indian spice mix.
Off to market.