Author Notes: We used to make these for every summer birthday. They are so easy, so flavorful, and so pleasing to the buds... Another good one from "Gone in 60 seconds" series... - Eat Already!
Makes 3 dozen
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, ripe and uniform, but not too soft
- 1/2 pound farmer cheese, dry curd cottage cheese or plain soft goat cheese
- 1-2 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh herbs, such as basil, dill, parsley
- With a sharp knife, cut off the cap of each tomato - about 1/4 inch.
- Using small knife, melon baller or a teaspoon, scoop out the seeds.
- Combine cheese, melted butter, minced garlic, herbs and salt until smooth and creamy.
- Using a teaspoon, fill the scooped tomatoes with cheese stuffing, slightly topping them off.
- Arrange stuffed tomatoes on a leaf of lettuce. To decorate for the party, you can pierce each tomato with a pick and slide a black pitted olive on top of it.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe