If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We used to make these for every summer birthday. They are so easy, so flavorful, and so pleasing to the buds... Another good one from "Gone in 60 seconds" series... - Eat Already!
Makes 3 dozen
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, ripe and uniform, but not too soft
- 1/2 pound farmer cheese, dry curd cottage cheese or plain soft goat cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh herbs, such as basil, dill, parsley
- With a sharp knife, cut off the cap of each tomato - about 1/4 inch.
- Using small knife, melon baller or a teaspoon, scoop out the seeds.
- Combine cheese, melted butter, minced garlic, herbs and salt until smooth and creamy.
- Using a teaspoon, fill the scooped tomatoes with cheese stuffing, slightly topping them off.
- Arrange stuffed tomatoes on a leaf of lettuce. To decorate for the party, you can pierce each tomato with a pick and slide a black pitted olive on top of it.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for A&M Smackdown / Your Best Tomato Recipe
The Questionable History of the Arnold Palmer
What makes a legendary drink legendary.
History of the Arnold Palmer
What to Do With Marjoram
How to keep produce longer.
Recipes Our Moms Cooked
Go play outside!