If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An unusual pairing of lentils, peaches, and plums makes for a delicious and fresh summer salad that is both gluten free and vegan. —Courtney
- 1 cup lentils
- 2 cups water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups diced stone fruits (peaches, plums, etc.)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped toasted almonds
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped lemon thyme leaves
- 1 large handful baby spinach leaves, finely chopped
- 1 splash apple cider vinegar
- juice of 1/2 a small lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Rinse the lentils and combine them with the water and a pinch of salt in a pot over medium high heat. Bring the water to a boil, then lower it to a simmer and cook the lentils (uncovered) for about 15 to 20 minutes until they are cooked through, but still have a bit of bite to them. Drain the lentils, rinse them under cold water, then set them aside to continue draining until you need them.
- In a large bowl, toss together the lentils with the cider vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil (if using), and a good pinch of salt. Add in the remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
A Money-Saving Kitchen
Yes, it is possible! Let's get organized
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Cilantro lovers, take note.
Get your shine on.