Author Notes: While there are a lot of wonderful French markets in the area of Brittany we live a couple of weeks every few months, they tend to be more heavy on fruits, cured meats and the like because almost every house you drive past in our area has its own vegetable plot; everyone brows their own produce. As a result we usually take a few bags of lettuces, cucumbers and courgettes from the Pilgrims Nook vegetable gardens down to the French house with us. This Summer we have been enjoying some fantastically delicious baby potatoes my Father grew, so to accompany some sausages and other grilled meats, as well as big slices of our own courgettes sprinkled liberally with the local Fleu de Sel I put together this quick potato salad as an accompaniment. - Rachel Phipps
- 10-15 (depending on their size) New or Baby Potatoes, cooked, cooled and halved
- 2 tablespoons Light Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Wholegrain French Mustard
- 1 teaspoon White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Large Salad Onion
- Freshly Ground Salt & Pepper
- Mix the mayonnaise, mustard, oil and vinegar together until everything is combined into a slightly thick dressing.
- Chop the white and about half the green of the salad onion into small slices and chunks and along with the potatoes add to the dressing.
- Season well, then mix well until all the potatoes are coated in dressing.
- Slice the remaining green top of the salad onion into medium thickness rounds and sprinkle on top.
- If you have time, chill, but bring back up to room temperature before serving.