If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I recently discovered pea shoots, and are they ever scrumptious. I also recently stumbled upon Easter egg radishes,which I had never seen before, or at least noticed. They are a mild variety, so if you don’t like that hot bite that radishes sometimes have, these are the ones for you. And they are a perfect partner for pea shoots in this salad recipe. The addition of toasted pumpkin seeds adds a nice nuttiness to it, which goes well with the lemon vinaigrette. —The Cautious Vegetarian
- 2 cups pea shoots
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 - 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- In a large salad bowl combine the pea shoots and romaine lettuce. Set aside.
- Place a small cast iron or heavy bottomed skillet over high heat. When the pan is hot reduce the heat to medium. Add the pumpkin seeds and toast, shaking the pan frequently, until the seeds are browned and aromatic, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, mustard and salt and pepper. Whisk until emulsified. Pour over the salad and toss. Top with the pumpkin seeds and radishes and serve immediately.
Have Your Campari—and Eat It, Too
Granita is really, really great
Spike your granita with campari.
The craziest chip around.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Savor the season.
This pasta's mint to be.