If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my new favourite cake. Bananas make it rich, blueberries give flavour and almonds have the crunch. - 17years
- 1/2 cup butter, cold and cubed
- 1 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1 scant cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 1/4 cups ripe banana, mashed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- Heat the oven to 320°F (160°C).
- Grease and line the base of a 9 inch springform cake tin.
- Mix the baking powder, salt and mixed spice thoroughly into the flour, then rub in the butter.
- Mix in the sugar and almonds, then add and beat in the banana and eggs.
- Put the mixture into the tin and scatter the blueberries on top. Carefully push them under the mixture so that they stew in the cake rather than toasting on top.
- Cook for 1 1/4 hours, until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake can be removed completely dry. It is near impossible to overcook this cake.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from tin.