If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This was a mistake on my part. I got confused and instead of making virgin Grand Marnier strawberries and citrus syrup for a cake, I made this. Cake was blah, syrup was good.
When done the strawberries should be soft, but not falling apart (mushy goo). I like it on ice cream. —Erin
Makes about 1 cup
- 3 large oranges, Juiced (I use valencia, 'cause it's what my grocer stocks)
- 1 pint Strawberries, hulled and quatred
- 1/2 cup Berry Sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, (I zest the skins from the orange I juiced)
- Toss all the ingredients into a pot. Over medium heat, bring to a boil, stirring occasionally (I'm bad at stirring stuff so, probably once every 3-5 minutes until it boils).
- Once it hits the point it begins to threaten to boil over. Turn down heat and simmer for another 5-10 minutes. I always use the smallest saucepan for this, it usually will attempt to boil over even after I've turned down the heat, to combat I take it off the heat for a minute then continue simmering at low heat until it's done.
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Off to market.