Author Notes: This was a mistake on my part. I got confused and instead of making virgin Grand Marnier strawberries and citrus syrup for a cake, I made this. Cake was blah, syrup was good.
When done the strawberries should be soft, but not falling apart (mushy goo). I like it on ice cream. - Erin
Makes about 1 cup
- 3 large oranges, Juiced (I use valencia, 'cause it's what my grocer stocks)
- 1 pint Strawberries, hulled and quatred
- 1/2 cup Berry Sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, (I zest the skins from the orange I juiced)
- Toss all the ingredients into a pot. Over medium heat, bring to a boil, stirring occasionally (I'm bad at stirring stuff so, probably once every 3-5 minutes until it boils).
- Once it hits the point it begins to threaten to boil over. Turn down heat and simmer for another 5-10 minutes. I always use the smallest saucepan for this, it usually will attempt to boil over even after I've turned down the heat, to combat I take it off the heat for a minute then continue simmering at low heat until it's done.