If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Lame translated name? Yes... but tasty. This works best with a great quality salted anchovy... not the stuff packed in oil and crammed into tins. Go get a reputable brand like Recca. - sumradagnoth
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 12 salted anchovy filets, rinsed and soaked in milk for 1 hour, roughly chopped
- red pepper flakes, to taste (or a small fresh red chili, finely chopped)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 pound spaghettini
- 1 small bunch arugula
- 1 recipe pangrattato (below)
- 1/2 loaf of good crusty brea
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small bunch thyme
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup very finely chopped italian parsley
- salt, to taste
- Start by making the pangrattato. Cut the bread into small cubes and grind in a food processor until you get breadcrumbs with a good texture to them... nothing too fine. Heat a generous amount of oil in a large pan and add the garlic and thyme. Once the garlic gets golden, add the breadcrumbs and toast them in the oil until they are nicely browned. Discard the garlic and herbs, season with salt, stir in the parsley and transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Once cool, transfer to a bowl.
- Bring a large pot of copiously salted water to boil, and add the pasta.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until just light brown, then add the anchovies (watch out for the splatter). Cook until they fall a part.
- Add the red pepper flakes, parsley and lemon juice and swirl the pan. Set aside until the pasta is ready.
- Drain pasta 1 minute short of al dente. Add to pan with the sauce and arugula. You will need to splash a good bit of pasta cooking water into the pan to get the sauce adequately loose.
- Toss over high heat for a minute until well mixed and arugula is wilting.
- Pour into a serving bowl and sprinkle with the seasoned breadcrumbs. Serve with more of the breadcrumbs on the side.