If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad couldn't be easier, and it's great all year round if you have an indoor grill pan, or if you don't mind grilling outside in the cold weather (I don't). It uses a basic marinade that lends a bit of flavor to the meat without overpowering it. I love all of the different textures in this salad, and it's a complete meal - you get your vegetables, meat, dairy and grains all in one bowl! - foxeslovelemons
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1/3 cup prepare ranch dressing (homemade, or a good store brand)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 8 ounces salad greens (whatever you want - I used 1/2 spring mix, 1/2 spinach)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, oil, Worcestershire, lemon juice, brown sugar, cumin and cayenne. Place steak in large ziploc bag; pour marinade over steak. Seal bag and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mash together avocado, ranch dressing and lime juice until everything is nicely combined - you can leave the avocado chunky, or keep mashing until the mixture is smooth.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Grill steak 8 to 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 135° for medium-rare, flipping once halfway through cooking. Transfer to plate; let rest at least 5 minutes.
- To serve, divide salad greens, quinoa, tomatoes, feta, onion and basil between 4 plates. Thinly slice steak across the grain, and divide between plates. Serve with dressing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Quinoa Recipe
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
The final step to a genius dinner party.
A list of things we like.
Add flower power to your espresso.