If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love flavor. In fact many flavors going on in a recipe. I love flavors to explode in my mouth. But I love healthy also. Spicy quinoa pilaf qualify for both: flavor, earthiness and health.
Traditional quinoa pilaf is good, but I wanted a delicious quinoa dish with an indian twist . And I realized that nothing screams better indian dish than coconut milk, curry and anise seed. Further I swapped the water for coconut milk and I got the perfect quinoa dish ever!
- Geanina Armeanu
Makes 1 pot
- 3 cups quinoua washed
- 2 large onions julienned
- 2 large carrots sliced
- 1 large parsnip sliced
- 4 celery sticks chopped
- 1 red bell pepper julienned
- 7 cloves garlic crushed
- 13. 66 ounces coconut milk (1 can)
- 1 bunch fresh basil chopped
- dry spices: paprika, anise seed, curry powder, cumin powder, thyme, cayenne pepper, salt
- 3/4 cup grapeseed oil
- some water
- 1 bunch beet greens chopped
- 1. Prepare a large iron cast pot. Turn the heat on medium and pour the oil and 1/2 cup water. Then add the carrots, onions, and parsnips. Saute for 5-6 minutes.
- 2. Add the peppers and celery along with all the dry spices and salt. Saute for 5 minutes.
- 3. Add the coconut milk and let everything simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes (the quinoa boils fast that is why you want your vegetables tender). If you feel the vegetables mixture is too thick add a some more water.
- 4. Add the quinoa. Stir. Turn the heat down at low. Let it simmer for about 10- 15 minutes.
- 5. Add the garlic and fresh basil, check if it needs more salt and turn the heat off. Let it sit for half an hour before serving.
- 6. In a different pot (wok preferably) saute the greens with a bit of oil, salt, soy sauce for about 3 minutes.
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
You won't be board with this game.