If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My writing group has several vegan and/or gluten-free members. This red quinoa salad was a hit with just about everybody. TIP: if you make and chill the salad before serving it, add the pistachios last minute to insure that the nuts stay crunchy. - Lizthechef
- 1 12-ounce box of red quinoa
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup fruity olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice - or any fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 navel oranges, peeled and cut into sections
- 1 cup shelled pistachio nuts
- 1/4 cup flat-leaved parsley, chopped
- orange and lemon zest curls (optional garnish)
- Heat the stock in a medium-sized saucepan until it boils. Add the quinoa, cover and reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes, until all the stock has been absorbed. Remove from heat and allow the cooked quinoa to "rest", covered, while you prepare the vinaigrette.
- Whisk together in a small bowl the olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, orange zest, salt and pepper.
- Spoon the cooked quinoa into a bowl, add the vinaigrette and toss.
- Add the orange sections, pistachios and parsley. Toss. Add garnish and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Quinoa Recipe