If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My Quinoa Salad with Spinach, Strawberries and Goat Cheese combines quinoa with nutrient-packed spinach, luscious strawberries, fresh basil and tangy goat cheese. Toasted, sliced almonds add a delightful, earthy crunch. The entire salad is tossed in a simple, homemade balsamic dressing that infuses the ingredients with bright, fresh flavor. The salad is delicious on its own but it’s also great topped with grilled chicken breast. Eating healthy never tasted so good. - Sonali aka the Foodie Physician
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed (I used red quinoa)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, cut into chiffonade (ribbons)
- 2/3 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 ounce goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Place the quinoa in a medium saucepan along with 2 cups water and ¼ teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil then cover with a lid and reduce to a simmer. Simmer the quinoa about 15 minutes until cooked. Remove the lid and cook another 2-3 minutes until all of the water has evaporated. Remove from the heat and fluff with a fork. Let the quinoa cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, make the balsamic dressing. Whisk the vinegar, mustard and honey together in a small bowl. Slowly pour in the olive oil while you continue to whisk. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- Place the quinoa in a salad bowl along with the spinach, basil, strawberries, goat cheese and almonds. Add the dressing and toss to combine all ingredients well. Serve the salad alone or if desired, topped with slices of grilled chicken breast.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Quinoa Recipe