If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I devised this little salad while on vacation in Florida this week. Something about sitting on the sand all week and diving into cool water made me crave the combination of sweet ripe mangoes, cool cucumbers, creamy avocado, cilantro, and fresh lime. It's a pretty unbeatable snack. For a more substantial meal, I often add some chickpeas into the mix. - Maja Lukic - Veggies & Gin
- 1 large cucumber, sliced into 1/2 inch cubes (peeled if not organic)
- 1 mango, sliced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 medium red plums, sliced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/2 cup organic cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (completely optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (approx. 2 limes)
- 1.5 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together and season with s&p to taste. Toss the salad ingredients (except for the avocado) with the vinaigrette.
- Chill for 30 minutes or until ready to serve. Just before serving, add in the avocado and gently incorporate. Serve cold.
- Optional: add in 1 cup cooked chickpeas for a more substantial meal.