If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For our New Year Resolution we decided to eat healthier so we thought we could eat soup at least once a day. So this is one of the soups we like the most because it delicious and nutritious. Soups replenish your body with essential nutrients and water.
- Candyland Queens
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups of chopped leeks (2 leeks) -- keep the white and light green parts
- 1 cup of a chopped medium sized yellow onion
- 4 cups of water
- 5 cups of freshly shelled peas or a 20-ounce package of frozen peas
- 2 large leaves of fresh basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, add the leeks and onion, and cook over medium-low heat for 5 to 10 minutes, until the onion is tender. Add the water, increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil. Add the peas and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until the peas are tender. Take off the heat, add the basil, salt, and pepper.
- Puree the soup in batches: place 1 cup of soup in blender, place the lid on top, and puree on low speed. With the blender still running, open the venthole in the lid and slowly add more soup until the blender is three-quarters full. Pour the soup into a large bowl and repeat until all the soup is pureed. If you have an immersion blender use it and just blend the mixture in the sauce pan with the heat off. Serve soup hot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best New Year's Resolution Dish
Flourless Almond & Coconut Cake
Looked for salad, ended up with cake: Life in a nutshell.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Strawberry, Rhubarb, and Lime Popsicles
An out of the blue use for a mason jar.
Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?