If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These tacos are completely seasonal and unintentionally vegan. I made them for a summer dinner for two on my balcony. The texture of the avocado makes the filling creamy, while the charred corn mixture is what really adds the flavor. —young&fabulous
- 1 cup finely diced summer fruit (I use a mixture of nectarine and melon)
- 1 Lemon or lime (or combination), juiced
- 1/4 cup Red onion, minced
- 1/2 Serrano, seeded, finely diced
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Mint, minced
- 1 pinch Salt, to taste
- Soak the minced onion and the serrano in the citrus juice in the fridge for 20-30 minutes. (In the meantime, begin the quinoacado)
- Mix the diced fruit, citrus-soaked onion and serrano, herbs, and salt to taste in a small bowl. (You may need to move it to another container to serve if there is too much excess liquid.)
Quinoacado and Charred Corn
- 1/2 cup Dry sprouted quinoa
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Small shallots, minced
- 2 Ears corn, husked and kernels removed from the cob
- 1/2 Serrano, minced and seeded
- 2 Small very ripe avocados, pitted and halved
- 1/2 cup Tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro, chopped
- 4 Leaves red butter lettuce
- 8 Corn tortillas
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil. Once it reaches boiling, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat up the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the shallots and the Serrano. Sautee until browned. Add the corn kernels and turn up the heat to medium high. Let the kernels brown and stir once or twice to turn. Remove from the heat.
- Once the quinoa has cooked and cooled, add it to a large bowl and fluff with a fork. Add the avocado halves and mash them with the quinoa, using a fork. Leave a few chunks of avocado. Stir in the charred corn mixture, tomatoes, and cilantro.
- Assembly: Place half of a butter lettuce leaf on top of a corn tortilla. Add a scoop of the quinoacado corn mixture and spoon some of the fruit salsa on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Quinoa Recipe
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.