If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My Turkish-inspired Earthy Quinoa Tabbouleh highlights the grain over the parsley, and incorporates crunchy and flavorful additions, such as walnuts, kohlrabi, sunburst squash and radish. It's absolutely delicious! - Mandy Bora
Qunioa, Sunburst Squash, Water, Kosher Salt
- 1/2 cup Quinoa
- 1 Sunburst Squash
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Water
- Rinse quinoa in cold water and strain well.
- Slice sunburst squash into about 10 wedges.
- Bring water to a boil, add salt, quinoa, and squash pieces, stir, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Once the quinoa has absorbed all the water, allow it to rest until it reaches room temperature (about 1/2 hour).
Kohlrabi, Anaheim Pepper, Pickling Cucumber, Radish, Fresh Shallot, Italian Flat Leaf Parsely, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Lemon, Kosher Salt, Black Pepper, Red Pepper
- 1 Medium Kohlrabi
- 1 Pickling Cucumber (or Persian Cucumber)
- 1 Large Radish
- 1 Anaheim Pepper (very thin and very green)
- 1 Fresh Shallot or Scallion
- 1/3 cup Shelled Walnuts
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Zest
- 3 tablespoons Very Good Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt, Black Pepper, and Red Pepper (optional) to taste
- 1/3 cup Italian Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped coarsely
- Peel the kohlrabi and using a sharp knife cut into match-like "julienne" sticks.
- Cut cucumber in half, lengthwise, and slice into thin semi-circles.
- Cut radish into quaters, and similarly slice into thin quarter-circles.
- Remove seeds from Anaheim pepper at the stem, and slice the pepper into very thin rings.
- Slice and dice the fresh shallot (or scallion), including most of the green portion.
- Sprinkle a bit of salt on the sliced vegetables.
- Toast the walnuts for about 5 minutes in a dry frying pan, allow them to cool, and chop them very coarsely
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa and squash with all the chopped vegetables and walnuts. Toss gently and add olive oil, fresh lemon juice, fresh lemon zest, half the chopped parsley, salt, pepper, and optional red pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings, transfer to a serving dish, and garnish with remaining parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Quinoa Recipe