If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a scone recipe from my grandmother, changed up a bit to include a sweet brush of milk and plump golden raisins. The jam recipe is something I threw together when I realized the plums on my tree were getting ripe and I had a few apricots and some dried rose petals lying around. It was my birthday and I wanted to bake something fun and memorable, and was quite delighted with the results. - Jesi Langdale
Golden Raisin Scones
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 3/4 cups self rising flour
- 1 tablespoon very fine sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Grease your baking sheet and line it with parchment paper.
- Sift your flour, sugar and salt into a bowl and rub in the butter with your fingertips until the mix is something like breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the raisins and then add the egg and milk and stir with a wooden spoon until your dough is soft.
- Shape the dough into a ball, press it down onto the cookie sheet and then cut into triangles.
- Brush the top of the scones with milk and then bake for 8-10 minutes, until they're golden brown.
Apricot, Plum and Rose Petal Jam
- 6 small yellow plums
- 6 small apricots
- 1/2 cup sugar
- a generous sprinkling of dried rose petals
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Peel, pit and chop the plums and apricots into small chunks.
- Put the plums and apricots into a pot, add the rose petals, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Bring it to a slight boil and then simmer, stirring occasionally. Cook down for about an hour.
- Fill jar, let cool to room temperature, then screw on lid and place in refrigerator.
Exaggerated Chocolate Chip Cookies
Extra thin, extra delicious.
Ultra Thin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Easygoing banana bread.
DIY Herb Rub
Pasta e Fagioli
Go play outside!