If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A great salad for lunch celebrating figs with a honey-lemon vinaigrette. - inpatskitchen
Serves 2 for lunch
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake, shake, shake! Set aside.
For the salad
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 5 fresh figs (I used Brown Turkey)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- A few grains of sea salt
- 3 to 4 Handfuls of mixed green lettuces (I used a Spring mix)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, preferably Bulgarian
- The vinaigrette
- Pre heat your oven to 350F. Place the pecans on a small baking sheet and bake them for 5 to 7 minutes. Set aside.
- Raise the oven temp to 375F. Stem and cut the figs in half and place cut side up a a baking sheet. Drizzle the tablespoon of honey over the figs and then place a few grains of the sea salt over. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes and then set aside to cool.
- Toss the mixed greens with 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette and then scatter them over a plate or platter. Arrange the figs, pecans and feta over and drizzle with more of the vinaigrette.