If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A spicy plant based version of the Mexican restaurant classic - Alexandra V. Jones
- 1 pound tomatillos, husked and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 jalapeno or serrano chilies, diced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 bunch kale, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- salt to taste
- In a medium sauce pan, add tomatillos, tomatoes, onion, chilies, ½ the cilantro, garlic, carrots and celery with the vegetable stock.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low, cook 15 minutes, then blend half of this in a blender or use a stick blender, be sure to leave a little texture.
- Add Kale, and beans, cook 15 more minutes, add the rest of the cilantro and serve over rice or with tortillas! Ole’ frijole!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spicy Recipe
Flourless Almond & Coconut Cake
Looked for salad, ended up with cake: Life in a nutshell.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Recipe of the Day
Strawberry, Rhubarb, and Lime Popsicles
An out of the blue use for a mason jar.
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.