If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it
Author Notes: A kicked up version of the classic hors d’oeuvre.
When was the last time you had a deviled egg?
Maybe, like me, it never crosses your mind to make them. I’ve had some that I really enjoyed, but too often they’ve been an unwelcome guest at some outdoor summer gathering. I see them in my minds eye, looking sun scorched and forlorn among much more appetizing dishes. But THESE are different. Promise! - Pinch&Swirl
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce (or more)
- salt to taste
- Piment d’Espelette
- Place eggs in large saucepan and add enough cold water to cover. Bring to a low boil. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand 9 minutes.
- Drain eggs; cover with cold water and add several ice cubes.
- Once eggs are cool enough to handle, peel and cut in half lengthwise. Spoon yolks out into a small bowl and arrange whites on serving platter.
- Grate yolks with a fine grater into a medium bowl. Add mayonnaise and sriracha sauce to yolks and whisk until smooth. Season to taste with salt and more sriracha if you like.
- Spoon or pipe filling into egg white halves. Cover and refrigerate eggs for 2 hours or more (up to 1 day). Once chilled, sprinkle generously with Piment d’Espelette and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spicy Recipe