If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This hearty vegetarian soup is packed with flavor! Perfect for a Fall Meal. —The Fresh Cottage
- 2 Small Sweet Potatoes, peeled & cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded & diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded & finely diced
- 1 32 oz. carton vegetable broth
- 1 28 oz. can Fire Roasted tomatoes or crushed tomatoes or Rotel tomatoes (spicy)
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 teaspoons cumin, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- Combine sweet potatoes, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large bowl. Toss to coat. Spread sweet potatoes onto the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake sweet potatoes for 20 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot or Dutch Oven. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, red pepper and jalapeño pepper to the onion mixture. Saute until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes and broth. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of cumin, 1 teaspoon of chili powder, coriander, oregano, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a gentle boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and add sweet potatoes, black beans and corn. Continue simmering for approximately 20 to 30 minutes. If you like your soup spicy, add pinch of cayenne or dash of favorite hot sauce (I recommend tasting first!.)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Autumn Soup
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
The invincible beer can chicken.
Know (and shop) the basics.
How to line a baking pan.
The chicest apron around.