If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am a huge pasta lover, so it was really difficult for me to cut out carbs before my wedding. The one thing that saved me from pasta cravings? These chickpea flatbreads. They are whole grain and gluten-free, which makes them super healthy, but they're also really tasty. If you make them in a very thin layer, they have a nice crunch to them, and you can top with anything you like. I love this fresh, bright fava puree with a sprinkle of rosy sundried tomatoes against the lush green puree. - Meatballs&Milkshakes
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 3/4 cups chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Herbes de Provence
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Combine the water, chickpea flour, salt, olive oil, and herbs in a large bowl and whisk together until fully combined. The consistency is very watery. I keep the extra in a jar in the fridge so it’s ready to go whenever I want a snack.
- Oil a frying pan with a teaspoon of extra olive oil and pour in enough batter to just cover the bottom. It should not be thick. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until browned on the edges and starting to crisp. Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- 1 cup fresh favas or soaked dry favas
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pesto, homemade or store-bought
- Blanch the fava beans in salted boiling until they are tender, about 5-8 minutes. Allow to cool and blend in a food processor with the olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the fava puree with the pesto, and serve in a thin layer on the flatbread. I like to sprinkle some chopped sundried tomatoes on top with some arugula.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
Good day, sunshine.
Gifts for Mother's Day
Make better cookies.