If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I always wanted a pasta machine. You know the type - those heavy metal objects which allow you to roll out fresh egg dough....and apparently produce artisan carbs. Anyhow, I got what I wanted. 6 years ago. My very own machine. Now ask me how often I've used it? And the answer is NEVER. So this coming year, with a lot of hope and God's grace, I'll use my machine and roll out fresh dough. Check back before summer 2010...to see this resolution accomplished! This grill lasagne is perfect as a starter....or as one of many courses. - Kitchen Butterfly
- 8-10 pieces Schiaffoni pasta (large cylindirical pasta tubes), cooked
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups Bolognese or Bean Chili, warmed
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups Bechamel (recipe below), warmed
- 75 - 100 g grated cheese (parmesan, gouda, cheddar etc)
- Bechamel sauce: 25g butter, 25g flour, 350 - 400ml milk
- To make the Bechamel sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan on medium - low heat and stir in the flour, being careful to remove lumps. Cook mixture for a couple of minutes to rid it of a floury, pasty taste and till it takes on a light golden colour. Take the pan of the heat and slowly whisk in the milk. Then return to the boil and continue stirring, till it thickens and is of pouring consistency. Season to taste.
- Set your grill to the highest and place your oven rack two steps from the top.
- Split each pasta tube carefully into 2 flat sheets These will be the ''grill lasagne pieces''
- Set out 4 oven proof plates and start the layering. On each plate, place one ''sheet'' of pasta, followed by some bolognese or bean chili and then some bechamel. Repeat to form another stack. On top of the second stack, place some bechamel and then top with some grated cheese. Don't worry if the sauces drip down unto the plate, they'll form a good base for the grill lasagne
- Put plates under the grill and let cook, till the cheese topping is golden. Using oven gloves, carefully remove plates, turn off grill and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best New Year's Resolution Dish
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.