If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Low fat cake and still delicious? Give this apple- almond cake recipe a try and you will not regret having more than one piece! —bonheurcuisine
Serves 6 to 8
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons almond meal
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 200 gr plain yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons acceptable vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- Whipped cream to serve
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC/325ºF
- Grease, flour and line a 20cm/ 8” inch round tin
- In a bowl, combine the flour, the almond meal and the sugar
- In another bowl, whisk together the yoghurt, the egg, the oil and the vanilla until well combined
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and fold
- Spread the batter into the prepared tin
- Arrange the apple slices decoratively on top
- Sprinkle the slivered almonds and the tablespoon of sugar
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the cake is browned and a skewer comes out clean when inserted
- Place the cake on a wire rack and leave to cool
- Dust the icing sugar and the cinnamon (optional) over the top of the cake
- Serve the cake with a dollop of whipped cream
The Key to Okonomiyaki
Meet your new favorite Japanese dish
Your new favorite Japanese dish.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
You haven't thai'd this before.
A better basket.