If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was inspired by one of my favorite dishes, chicken marsala. It's creamy, nourishing and crazy good. —Silvia
Serves 6 or more
- 24 ounces wild mushrooms; crimini and shiitake - coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unbleached white, organic flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 tablespoons marsala wine
- 1/2 small sweet onion - finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove - finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 sprig parsley and thyme - finely chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Place a large stockpot over medium heat and heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add onion and saute until softened - about 5 minutes
- Add garlic and pepper flakes and cook for less than a minute or until golden.
- Add mushrooms and cook until they begin to turn golden - about 5 minutes (stirring occasionally).
- Add flour. Stir and cook for about two minutes.
- Add marsala, season with salt and pepper and turmeric, stir and cook for a few more minutes
- Slowly add all the liquid, stirring to incorporate and cook for about 30 minutes
- Remove from the heat.
- Working in batches, Puree 2/3 of the soup in a blender or food processor.
- Return to the pot, stir in the butter and garnish with the fresh herbs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Autumn Soup
Cool Ice Cream Tips
They'll change the way you cook—er, churn
The coolest ice cream tips.
The zucchini spaghetti of Italy.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.