If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My husband and I are organic vegetable farmers. We traded a few heads of broccoli at the farmers market for some locally harvested chanterelle mushrooms. We thought it was a killer trade! This is a tasty and comforting bowl of soup for a chilly fall evening. —dishing up the dirt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 pound chanterelle mushrooms
- 1.5 cups navy beans
- 3 cups Vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons tamari sauce
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 2-3 pinches salt and pepper
- Finely chop your onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Set aside.
- In a large soup pot heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook for about 5-8 more minutes stirring occasionally. Add the beans, veggie stock, and tamari. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Carefully with an immersion blender or regular blender puree the soup. Stir in the coconut milk (and more stock if the soup is too thick). Season to taste with plenty of salt and pepper. Garnish each plate with a few TBS of minced parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Autumn Soup
Food Blog Links We Love
Perfect picnic fare
Food blog links we love.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.