Author Notes: A Barista would call out your coffee " tall hazelnut coffee light and sweet coming up" . This is South East Asian Starbucks, freshly brewed with a hint of spice without cleaning out wallet. - upanetha
- 2 pints Organic whole milk (taste much better)
- 5 ounces Instant Coffee
- 2 pieces Cinnamon
- Peel of nutmeg
- 5 pieces Cloves
- 5 Cardomom
- 2 tablespoons Good vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Rum
- Sugar or Sugar Substitue to taste (optional)
- 1 cup water
- using a motar and a pestle crush the cloves, cardamom and the nutmeg peel.
- bring 1 cup of water to boil. Add the crushed spices, cinnamon sticks to the the pot and let it boil to infuse the flavors.
- in goes the coffee and sugar to the spice infused hot water. give it good stir make sure the sugar is dissolved completely.
- Run the coffee syrup through a strainer make sure no pieces pass through. Add in the rum and the vanilla. refrigerate and you your coffee syrup ready to use.
- Pour the syrup in to cold milk ,stir and serve it over ice.
- you can either mix all the syrup to 2 pints of milk or you can add little as you serve.