Author Notes: This is one of my favorite Kale recipes. I found it in SELF magazine from their December 2012 issue. It's not a great story but the recipe is really good. It is very tasty and very flavorful. - Karin Ward
- 2 bunches Kale
- 8 Dates, diced
- 3 tablespoons Sliced Almonds
- 1/2 cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Shallots or Vidalia Onion, Diced
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- Heat 1 T of butter in a 5 Quart saucepan on medium-high heat as you dice the Shallots and the Dates. Place the Shallots into the saucepan and saute until softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the Kale, after it has been washed, along with about a 1/2 cup of water, 1/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar, sliced Almonds and Dates. Cover and cook for about 15-20 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over each portion before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side