If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After years of living in Hawaii, I have a tender spot for the sweet, salty, spicy flavors of Asia; and this dish shares many of those same flavors, making it perfect. This is a perfect quick meal for a midweek supper or a spontaneous dinner party. After chopping and mincing all the ingredients for the marinade- which is the hardest part- the whole meal comes together very quickly. Marinate the salmon, prepare the rice, chop/mix the vegetables for salad, slice the scallions, fry the rice and finally sear the salmon . Seriously within an hour you are eating and laughing with your friends - Shannan
Marinade and Cooking Instructions for Salmon
- 1 tablespoon each minced Garlic and Ginger
- 1/4 cup minced Shallots
- 2 teaspoons minced Thai Chilies
- 3 tablespoons Sambal Chili Paste
- 2 tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
Jasmine Fried Rice
- 2 cups prepared Jasmine Rice
- 1/2 cup Scallions cut on the bias
- remaining Marinade from Salmon
- Mix all marinade ingredients and marinate 2 salmon filets for 45 minutes to an hour
- Prepare the salmon with 2 Tablespoons peanut oil in a cast iron pan over high heat
- Drain the marinate off the salmon but allow the bits of garlic, ginger and chili to remain on the flesh side
- Pan fry skin down
- While the salmon is cooking take a small sauce pan and reduce the remaining salmon marinade killing any possible bacteria; reserve the concentrate to add into the fried rice
- Carefully flip the salmon keeping the bits intact turning down the heat to a medium
- Sear salmon to a medium rare and rest
- Fry the prepared jasmine rice in the salmon pan with the peanut oil, remaining bits and concentrated marinade over high heat
- Add the scallions at the last minute and serve
Egyptian Street Food at Home
Spend quality time with The Cairo Kitchen.
The Cairo Kitchen
Boost your Bagel
Fire up the grill.
Dipped Walnut Tongs
Portable picnic snacks.