If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cooked on the stove top, this easy side dish would be perfect for taco or fajita night. It is a healthy combination of cubed butternut squash, tomatoes, corn and green peppers. The cumin and oregano give it a South of the Border flair. - lakelurelady
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 Green pepper, seeded and cut into 1 inch dice
- 2 to 3 Ears of fresh corn, cut from the cob
- 1/2 teaspoon each oregano and cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add Squash, onion, and garlic; cover and cook, stirring once or twice, for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and bell pepper. Cover; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Add corn, salt, oregano, and cumin. Cover and simmer 5 minutes or until squash is tender. Increase heat to high, uncover, and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, 3 to 4 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side
Soffritto: The Superstar
Your new favorite three-ingredient ingredient.
Soffritto's a superstar.
Lettuce love vegetables.
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.