Author Notes: Cooked on the stove top, this easy side dish would be perfect for taco or fajita night. It is a healthy combination of cubed butternut squash, tomatoes, corn and green peppers. The cumin and oregano give it a South of the Border flair. - lakelurelady
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 Green pepper, seeded and cut into 1 inch dice
- 2 to 3 Ears of fresh corn, cut from the cob
- 1/2 teaspoon each oregano and cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add Squash, onion, and garlic; cover and cook, stirring once or twice, for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and bell pepper. Cover; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Add corn, salt, oregano, and cumin. Cover and simmer 5 minutes or until squash is tender. Increase heat to high, uncover, and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, 3 to 4 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Most Impressive Dinner Party Side